Friday, October 17, 2008

Fall- Pasalamatan


October 17 na! Grabe ang balis! It's halfway through October. I love October- I love the fall! Time to bring out sweaters and jackets, eat pumpkin, soups and crisp apples, collect leaves, play in the leaves, cooler temperatures with greater chance of rain and maybe even snow! I just love it! There's just this yummy smell in the air and great feeling during fall. In the movie You've Got Mail, Meg Ryan's character describes fall smells as "newly sharpened pencils and scotch tape". Fall is a season of gratitude and giving. It's interesting how it starts the giving and service for the year. It would be awesome to be more full of gratitude and giving at the beginning of the year. I'm yet again thinking about my 'heart awareness experiment' and evaluting how I'm doing. I know there is more I could do. I've been reading President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk about hope from October General Conference and I love what he says about faith, hope, and charity how they all increase from the other he says, "Hope comes of faith, for without faith, there is no hope. In like manner faith comes of hope, for faith is "the substance of things hoped for." Hope is critical to both faith and charity. When disobedience, disappointment, and procrastination erode faith, hope is there to uphold our faith. When frustration and impatience challenge charity, hope braces our resolve and urges us to care for our fellowmen even without expectation of reward. The brighter our hope, the greater our faith. The stronger our hope, the purer our charity. The things we hope for lead us to faith, while the things we hope in lead us to charity. The three qualities- faith, hope, and charity- working together, grounded on the truth and light of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, lead us to abound in good works." They really do all work together. My 'heart awareness experiment' really begins with faith leading to stronger hope and to have greater charity. This fall as I reflect on my heart awareness I want to continue to have gratitude and give with no deadline or slowing.
Oh, that awesome picture- I found on static.flickr.com.







No comments: