Today is my 101th day here in The Great Land! I can’t believe that I’ve been here for that long and that in 2 weeks I’ll be heading home. I’m enjoying my time here and am grateful for the things that I’ve learned and are learning. There are things I know without a doubt. I know God is real and knows me personally. I know people and things are placed into my life to learn from. I know I want to continue learning more about the hospitality industry. I know Alaska is beautiful place. I’ve learned more than ever how important it is to look for similarities not differences and more importantly to love and respect others.
On Friday Lindsay and I drove to Anchorage to pick up “The Dream Team”- Trevor, Mark, Phil, and Irv from their trip. It was fun to play in Anchorage for a day. We went to the mall, ate at the food court, dropped the boys off at the movie theater and than Lindsay and I went to Old Navy, Michael's, and Target. After we picked up the boys we went to the Wal-Mart. It was awesome to do more everyday things and be around town and actually drive more than 10 mph (that’s the speed limit on property). It was enjoyable shopping and eating out for a change. Those are random little things I’ve missed a bit. The weather has been pleasant the last few days. The mornings and nights are on the chilly side, but the afternoons are sunny and warm (about 65).
The lodge has been busy and full! Work is steady and Mondays and Saturdays are still busy, good, crazy days! I’m so glad I’m here and that I’ve had this opportunity. I’d like to come back next summer if the opportunity is there. Masaya Ang Aking Puso.
No comments:
Post a Comment