Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Seward. Sweatsuits.



It’s been awhile since my last post-that’s not good. Things are going well and I now about a month left of this Alaskan adventure. I have mixed feelings about leaving. Just like any adventure- you’re sad to leave people you’ve met, but excited to see what the future holds. I am excited for school! I ready to be in class again! I enjoyed the last two semesters a lot and am excited for this one. Fall is my favorite season- sweaters, soups, leaves changing, rain, I love fall! Yesterday I was off and had the opportunity to go to Seward (not pronounced see-ward). I went with Jerrikah, Kimiko, Mark, and Phil. It was a lot of fun! Seward is a small coastal fishing town. We went to the sea life center, shopped, ate lunch at a little restaurant called Nellie’s roadhouse, played scrabble at a little coffee shop, and just bummed around in the rainy, misty weather. It was beautiful! Lunch was awesome! You know how much I love food and eating! I had a western burger- it had small onions rings, bbq sauce, and bacon, on focaccia bread. It was way yummy! The sea life center was awesome! The sea lions and the puffins were my favorite. The weather has been chilly and cloudy here in our part of the AK. I love the sunshine, but I’ve been enjoying the cloudy and light rainy weather. Although, it has been a little weird to think I am wearing my fleece and long sleeves and it’s the end of July. With the weather on the cooler side we’ve been needing to find random fun things to do inside. Some of the boys are planning a ping pong tournament. That should be fun and competitive. I’ve seen some pretty competitive ping pong since I’ve been here. I feel like I have a lot of random things to write about, cause well everything that happens around here is random and interesting. Last week, the girls and I (Maddie, Lindsay, and Kimiko) got all suited up in sweat suits and ran around Brown Town (employee housing). It was a lot of fun! We took lots of fun pictures and laughed a lot! I’m grateful I’m developing some fun friendships! I’ve met some awesome people here and am learning a lot. I’m grateful I’m having the experiences I am and learning what I am. This is the right place to be for me right now. I’m thankful that I’m here! I’m thankful to know God loves me and never leaves me unaided. I love Him and know He’s real! I’m grateful I can talk to Him anytime and that He listens and answers me! Masaya Ang Aking Puso :)

No comments: