Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Reflect. Ready...Set...Awesome

A couple of weeks from tonight I’ll be in Provo. I will no longer be stripping bed sheets, picking up dirty wet towels, eating at the EDR, wearing my over sized hunter green polo and khaki pants with my janitor like keys and radio, no more chilling in lower rec, no more walks to Wildman’s, just to name a few. I will miss my new found friends, the beauty of this place, the cooler summer mornings, Taco Tuesday, etc.  I have that somewhat familiar feeling in my heart of knowing it’s all right to go home and let go that it’s time. I had similar feelings when I left the Philippines. I loved it, I learned many things and still am, but it’s time and I’m not as anxious or worried about the newness of being in Provo once again. I’m excited to see family and friends! Excited to be back in school, excited that fall will be super close when I return, excited to celebrate my birthday and turn 26, excited for the adventures of life- the unknown and known! Life is grand! I’m grateful for the awesome and maybe not so awesome things I have experienced thus far in my first quarter of a century. As I reflect there is still much to learn from some of those experiences. I feel I truly am becoming the woman I desire to be and who God desires me to be. He truly is my Teacher, my Father, and my Friend. In yesterday’s post I mentioned a few of the things I have learned and understand more clearly now. I’m glad learning and experiencing is eternal. 
Today was another interesting and fun day at work. It was steady, but not overly crazy. I like these days. I’m not running around like a crazy person and get to enjoy work a little more. It was another nice afternoon the sun shining brightly and the mountains looking amazing as the little bit of morning clouds and fog blew out of here. I have yet to get tired of the beauty of this place. I love butterflies and today I saw an amazing one- it was black with orange and yellow polka dots on it’s wings. They were so round they looked painted on. It’s amazing to think God created all those things and knows them all perfectly. Masaya Ang Aking Puso :)
“Promised blessings are beyond measure. Though the storm clouds may gather, though the rains may pour down upon us, our knowledge of the gospel and our love of our Heavenly Father and of our Savior will comfort and sustain us and bring joy to our hearts as we walk uprightly and keep the commandments. There will be nothing in this world that can defeat us. Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.”  -President Thomas S. Monson (April 2009)

No comments: