Monday, August 17, 2009

Funn’t Parties.Hamburgers.10.


Friday was relaxing and fun! Lindsay and I went to Seward. It was fun to just to walk in the rainy misty air and wander into the fun shops they have. I had some awesome peppermint hot chocolate, a very good hamburger, and some yummy mint chocolate chip ice cream which was super creamy by the way. I bought a few more souvenirs, of course picture picture, and enjoyed talking with Lindsay. We went to a thrift shop and I bought…prepare yourself….a Donny Osmond record! Cool huh? It’s fun to say I bought a record, not a CD or downloaded an album, but I actually purchased a record. Friday was my last full off from work that I was able to play. I’m glad that I did something fun! Later that night we had a party for all the housekeepers. It was a P party- we wore our pajamas, ate pizza, pixie sticks, pretzels, drank pop, played games, and got wacky awards. I got the “most likely to…find you something to do” award. I say that quite often here near the end of the work day when the rooms are all clean and the “everyday” chores are done. Oh, and what party would be complete if there wasn’t any picture picutre. I had a really good time! I am so thankful I have so many new good friends! My experience was enhanced greatly, because of the people I have met here. I’m thankful for them. On Saturday a bunch of us ate in the restaurant here at the lodge for Mark’s birthday. It was super fun! Everyone got “dressed up”- when I say dressed up I mean hair was not just ponytails or messy buns, button up/dress shirts, and me with all my flare. It was fun to be all together eating somewhere other than the EDR. I had…guess… a hamburger! Do I really ever have anything else? That’s what I ask myself. Anyway, it was good! It had fresh bleu cheese and bacon on it. I recommend trying it. Things are going good and I can not believe that a week from tonight I’ll be saying my “see you laters” and then the next morning leaving on a jet plane not knowing when I’ll be back again. I’m so glad I came to Alaska! This has been an amazing summer! 
Masaya Ang Aking Puso :)
Note: My birthday is in 10 days! 

No comments: