The last couple of weeks I have been staying up late- watching movies, eating green apples, ping pong, laughing, talking, giving mini Tagalog lessons, walking to Wildman's, a bonfire at the river. It feels like summer camp for 'big kids' or like living in the college dorms here. Lots of fun is occuring and friendships are developing! I love it! I'm so glad I'm here! Saturday night Torie, Matt, Mark, and I walked to Wildman's. The walk there is beautiful and the 4 miles isn't bad- and getting a Midnight Milkway was awesome! I know I'm easily motivated by food and probably too often, but I'm not gaining weight, I think I've lost a few pounds- lifting linen bags, no fast food here, and all the walking everywhere is good. The strength in my arms has increased! Yes! That's what I wanted- being able to do more than one push-up is awesome! The bonfire at the river on Saturday was interesting and fun! The river is beautiful and I actually got to see the sunset! I learned on Saturday that beer really does reek! I took a picture of the sunset on Saturday, but I can't get it to post right now. The 'new' snack we're eating up here is green apples with peanut butter. I've been eating this delightful snack since I was a little girl, but it's new for some. (interesting- green apples and peanut butter I thought was 'normal') Things are going well! The weather has been awesome this week! Tomorrow I'm going to Anchorage to attend the temple and go to Wal-Mart. I'm so excited to leave property tomorrow and have a little road trip. I'm way excited to be able to go to the temple tomorrow! I am really looking forward to it! The temple is peaceful. I know it will give me some needed rest to the soul. I'm thankful for the opportunity to be able to spend some time the temple.
Masaya Ang Aking Puso :)
1 comment:
I really really have a letter for you, but now it is outdated so I may write it again with an update. I think we maybe should talk on the phone--have a late night chat for old times sake. I don't know what your schedule is, but I would drop anything to chat with you. So if you get a free minute (or hour haha) call me. :)
Post a Comment