Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Drop It Like It's Hot

Last night I stayed out the latest I have since I arrived in Alaska. We watched a movie and ate ice cream. I went to my room just after 12:30 last night. Now, I know that's not really late, but I do like my sleep. It was still light out- it actually looked more like 8:30 on a summer night than 12:30 a.m., but that's Alaska for you! I like that it's not dark at night- it's easier to see and look out for wildlife and creepers. Here the likelihood of a bear attack is greater than being mugged. Interesting...No bears or creepers allowed! 
Things are going well! I'm developing fun friendships with the other employees. There's usually something occurring that's random, funny, interesting, or somewhat shocking. Last week a few people had a "fiesta" this included- a pinjata, tequila, dancing, and beer.  This was definitly entertaining- especially the dancing! There are some interesting moves out there that like more like you have ants in the pants. It was a fun night! Singing along to the random music and keeping a distance from some of the action. It looked like a frat party.  In other fun- last night we played scrabble, watched Hercules, and got milkshakes from Wildman's. It was good to be playing and laughing! 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Katie I was thinking of you yesterday. We were cleaning our bathrooms which were long overdue, thinking about how you are doing tons of cleaning every day! So not fun, but at least you get to do it in Alaska!