Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wildlife, Push-ups, An Earthquake, Beautiful World

Oh no! It's been a good week since my last post. I should warn that this post will be an all over the place sharing of what has happened and what is happening. This last week has been interesting and enjoyable! On Sunday, I drove to Soldotna to church. The drive to Soldotna is beautiful! It's about an hour and the highway is lined with trees, rivers, and wildlife. On the way there I saw a bear and 3 moose! It was crazy and way cool! I've been here a little over a month and had not seen either until Sunday. It was awesome! I was excited to see them and grateful I was in the car and just passing by and not meeting them face to face. ;) It was great to attend church and meet some interesting, fun people.  Lately, I've been working on improving my ability to do push-ups. I can now do them and not fall on my face! Yea Katie! Progress is awesome! Oh, yesterday morning when I was getting ready we had a little earthquake. It was weird. When I was in the Philippines we had them randomly for just a quick moment. The last few days here have been full of sunshine! The sun has been shinning not a cloud in the sky and the temperature has been somewhere in the 70s. I love it! It's interesting though cause 75 here feels more like 85 I have no idea why just does. I'm thankful to be living in this beautiful place and surrounded by so many of Heavenly Father's creations. I'm thankful I've had the opportunity to live in places that are diverse, different, and beautiful. Palm trees, rice fields, and ocean in the Philippines and mountains, trees, rivers, and wildlife in Alaska and in Utah. I have discovered over the years that I feel Heavenly Father's love for me through the creations- through the beauties of the earth.  Like the primary song says, "I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world, Heavenly Father created for me." I am glad. I am glad and grateful to live in such a beautiful place. I'm thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm thankful for goodness and peace. I am grateful for truth and love.  

2 comments:

Jessica said...

It sounds really neat in Alaska. I am glad you were safe in your car when you saw the bear and moose!

Define Benjamin & Heather said...

sounds like you are having a great experience.