Organizing luggage, punching in clean rooms, making assignments, picking up sheets and towels with blood, poop, sperm, pee, to just mention a few of the regularly seen soiled linens, walkie-talkie, needles, khaki pants…What do all these things have in common? Oh they’re all part of my role as lead houseskeeper. Here at Princesss we stay busy, especially in the housekeeping department. I work with fun and interesting people. All have their own story and bring something different to the team. There’s never a dull moment. How could there be with bio bag calls, go team awesome cheers, break time in the EDR, “hey bear” calls, nights full of sunlight, ping pong, among many others.
I am enjoying my job! I’m learning a lot more about the hospitality industry in an awesome hands on way and in an incredible location! Alaska is a must to see! I know almost every post of mine lately has been about it’s beauty, but it’s true! It’s beautiful and actually seeing it not just in pictures is awesome! I highly recommend visiting Alaska! (and if you want to do it this summer it’s a even better time)
Yesterday on my day off I relaxed- by drinking coke and eating Swedish fish. (I know that’s a trash load of sugar) The weather has been cooler I’ve actually worn a hoodie and a sweater this week. Middle of June- and I’m wearing a hoodie, what? The highs expected here this week are the lows in Utah. It’s all right I don’t mind the cooler weather and the rainy days. So yesterday as I sipped a cold coke and ate Swedish fish I read Emma, watched a couple of good movies, did and laundry. The other day after work I took this picture of me in my uniform so you could all see what ‘great’ attire I get to wear everyday. Now, you may be disappointed like I was to find out it’s not near as cool as J Lo’s maid’s uniform in Maid in Mattahan or the cute Hawaiian print dresses they wear in the movie Blue Crush, but a green polo and khaki pants is what we got. Some of the housekeepers say we all look like trees. It’s all good I don’t mind it too much. I must admit I miss being able to wear my flare somedays, but it’s comfortable. No bear or moose sightings this week yet. A few ravens, mice, and a few wild bunnies...stay tuned
No comments:
Post a Comment