Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Real Life is Perfect Love, Happiness, Overcoming, Service, Eternal Life.



Isn't today's weather lovely? The air is crisp and cool. I know it's cloudy, but the bright yellow and orange leaves are that little bit of sunshine.  I love fall. As I walked to class this morning I looked around me and saw so much to be thankful for. I live in a beautiful place. The leaves, the mountains, the crisp autumn air, the random rain. One way I feel God's love for me is through His creations. There are so many to enjoy and love. Feeling and sharing His love makes me happy. There may be crazy, not so great things happening in my life, but my faith in God and His Son Jesus Christ gives me the strength and hope I need to overcome those things in life. John 16:33  says, "Be of good cheer for I have overcome the world." I find a lot of comfort in this promise. I know that through the atonement of Jesus Christ I can be happy despite all the challenging things in life. He is the reason for my happiness. He understands completely. I am so grateful to know that through His sacrifice I can be "made whole", feel happy, have hope, even though my world is feeling a little icky and unbalanced. Yesterday I was reading in chapter 12 of Hebrews. Again, another promise and witness of God's love for me. In verse one it says to "lay aside every weight or sin that doth easily besets us" and to "run with patience the race that is set before us". That is the key. To lay aside and give to Christ all the things that weigh me down or trouble me and to run with patience and faith to Him. He strengthens and supports me. He gives me the courage I need to conquer my everyday battles. It is His love and the love of His Father that are perfect and pure. With God and Jesus Christ I will continue to be happy and hopeful despite life's challenges. I choose Them. I want to walk with Them. I know Their love is real and never-ending. I have been learning more about how serving and loving others is the best way to get out of feeling unbalanced. As I serve those around me- I really am serving Him. I am happy. I am hopeful. I know today is exciting and the future is bright and hopeful. I know that will God's help all things are truly possible. The real life is eternal life.        Masaya Ang Aking Puso :)

No comments: