Sunday, May 1, 2011
Living After the Manner of Happiness
Today a friend said in his testimony that he is grateful for laughter and happiness. I've been thinking about this and I've had a "duh moment" you might say as I realized- I am too! I am grateful for laughter and happiness. I am happy and excited about the present and the future. I am a happy girl! "Living after the manner of happiness" is to live the gospel of Jesus Christ, to remain a covenant keeper. I am grateful to know happiness is eternal, to know that happiness is found in the teachings and atonement of Jesus Christ. Yes life is challenging, some days are more challenging than others, but because of Jesus Christ and faith and hope in Him happiness is possible amidst challenges and struggles. Joseph Smith said, “Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it; and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, sel. Joseph Fielding Smith [1976], 255–56). Mosiah 2:41 "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and ahappy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are bblessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out cfaithful to the end they are received into dheaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." I am thankful to know God wants us to be happy and that my concerns are His concerns and that He is in every detail of my life. I love the above verse-"temporal and spiritual" He helps and guides us in all things. I know He lives. I know He is our Father. Masaya Ang Aking Puso- in English my heart is happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment