The last few days I have been pondering about the hymn "Lord, I Would Follow Thee". It really is one of my favorites. This is one of many hymns that brings peace and comfort to my soul. I am discovering on the days that are chaotic and crazy that hymns and other songs bring rest and peace. I know when we need an added measure of peace, comfort, joy, help, love, support, understanding, we but need to turn to our Savior. He is there for it all- the exciting and happy, the sorrow and the heartaches. I know He died so that we may live. I know He lives- He lives for us! I know with His help it is all possible!
1. Savior, may I learn to love thee,
Walk the path that thou hast shown,
Pause to help and lift another,
Finding strength beyond my own.
Savior, may I learn to love thee—
Walk the path that thou hast shown,
Pause to help and lift another,
Finding strength beyond my own.
Savior, may I learn to love thee—
[Chorus]
Lord, I would follow thee.
Lord, I would follow thee.
2. Who am I to judge another
When I walk imperfectly?
In the quiet heart is hidden
Sorrow that the eye can’t see.
Who am I to judge another?
When I walk imperfectly?
In the quiet heart is hidden
Sorrow that the eye can’t see.
Who am I to judge another?
3. I would be my brother’s keeper;
I would learn the healer’s art.
To the wounded and the weary
I would show a gentle heart.
I would be my brother’s keeper—
I would learn the healer’s art.
To the wounded and the weary
I would show a gentle heart.
I would be my brother’s keeper—
4. Savior, may I love my brother
As I know thou lovest me,
Find in thee my strength, my beacon,
For thy servant I would be.
Savior, may I love my brother—
As I know thou lovest me,
Find in thee my strength, my beacon,
For thy servant I would be.
Savior, may I love my brother—
No comments:
Post a Comment